How to Sell a Used Car in Ontario
To sell a used car in Ontario, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Determine the value of your car: You can use online resources such as the Canadian Black Book or the Canadian Red Book to get an estimate of the value of your car based on its make, model, age, and condition. This will help you determine a fair price to ask for the car.
- Prepare the car for sale: Make sure the car is clean and in good repair before you put it up for sale. This can include washing and waxing the exterior, cleaning the interior, and fixing any mechanical issues.
- Advertise the car: There are many ways to advertise a used car for sale in Ontario. You can list the car on websites such as Kijiji, AutoTrader, or eBay, or you can place an ad in a local newspaper or on a classifieds website. Be sure to include detailed information about the car, including its make, model, age, condition, and features.
- Negotiate with potential buyers: When someone expresses interest in your car, you’ll need to negotiate a price that works for both of you. Be prepared to answer questions about the car’s condition and to provide any additional information that the buyer may need.
- Transfer ownership: When you sell a car in Ontario, you’ll need to transfer ownership to the new owner. This involves completing a Notice of Sale form, which can be obtained from a ServiceOntario centre or online. You’ll also need to provide the buyer with the car’s registration certificate and a valid Ontario safety standards certificate, if applicable.
- Cancel your insurance: Once you’ve sold the car, you’ll need to cancel your insurance policy. Be sure to let your insurance company know that the car has been sold and provide them with the new owner’s contact information. We Buy Cars, Sell us your car today.